My enduring preference for this simple stack sandwich (I could eat it every day) is justification enough to include it in this recipe collection. Of course, I include it in this section on Breads, Eggs and Pasta because of the obvious specification of "breads" in the title and since I don't have a site dedicated to sandwiches. Most likely this whole category is going to fill up with sandwiches because I favor them so much and have relatively little to say about eggs (except buy a good low temperature pan such as an All-Clad Master Chef 2, 12-inch Fry Pan) or even pasta, since al dente is all that ever mattered to me in the preparation of these notables. Surely, you (as I) already know how to boil water, my dear fellow-chef. Maybe I should have just named this section sandwiches . . .
Prep Time: 10 min.
Servings: 1 (or until the ingredients run out)
Ingredients:
2 center slices Publix Multigrain Bread
Hellmann's Mayonnaise for spreading
1 can La Costena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
sliced chicken breast of 1 Publix Rotisserie Chicken (Mojo or Chipotle)
fresh sliced tomato with salt and fresh ground black pepper
fresh red or green leaf lettuce
shredded yellow sharp cheddar cheese
Directions:
Spread fresh, fresh bread (both slices) with ample mayonnaise. Apply about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon finely chopped peppers with sauce to one bread slice over mayonnaise. Now layer away with the chicken, tomato, lettuce and cheese and slice on the diagonal (you can't get it in your mouth if you don't)! Hmmmmm, good!
Note:
I am such a purist I can eat this just as a bread, mayo, pepper and chicken stack sandwich. Don't mock me because of that, I come by it honestly. My sister and I learned early (1950's) how irresistible simple delights can be when we use to inhale Waverly wafers spread with fresh creamery butter and sugar snatched from the salad server when he wheeled by our table at the country club in his impossibly starched white jacket. This was especially easy to accomplish on star-sprinkled summer evenings when, en famille, we ate on the candle-lit patio overlooking the meandering river flung at the foot of the cliff where we leisurely dined. (I'm sorry if it appears I must have used too many adjectives here, but I loved the experience of every one of these qualifiers and I believe the sensations these terms imply were every bit as delicious as the treats we so ravenously devoured.)
No comments:
Post a Comment